VIP VENDOR MARCH 2017–GED Testing Service
Join us for three days filled with informative workshops, engaging speakers and the opportunity to network with fellow educators. You’ll learn the latest teaching and testing strategies from our GED® experts. It’s an opportunity to take your GED instruction to the next level. The final agenda and descriptions will be available in March 2017. Save $50 with promo code COABE50 when you register by March 31. We can’t wait to see you at #GEDTS17!
New Benefit Offered to COABE Members
Health Insurance for Members
Many of our members report working part time jobs without benefits, and so we have begun the process of exploring offering a health, dental, and life term insurance program to our members. We are in the beginning stages of talks with some of the larger health carriers and need to gather a little information to ensure we can provide our members with the most competitive rates. If you are interested in this potential new membership benefit, please take a couple minutes to answer the questions in our brief survey below.
Become a member of COABE and you will be eligible to receive:
• COABE Journal: Members save $35 off the COABE Journal which has been a major voice in adult education for the last 35 years!
• Employment Bulletin Board: Nationwide bulletin board created to assist our members in finding or posting employment opportunities.
• Adult Educator Resources: Developed by and for members, you may upload professional development best practices to our national repository.
• National Institute for Literacy Scholarships: In addition to the robust national awards, scholarships, and incentive grants that COABE offers, the National Institute for Literacy has endowed $20,000 in gift funds to COABE for members that wish to attend COABE conferences. One $1,000 award will be made annually, and all members may apply.
• Conference Mini Grants: With generous funding provided by the Dollar General Literacy Foundation, COABE will award fifty mini grants to defray conference registration costs.
• VIP Vendor Partners: COABE is partnering with leaders in the adult education field to provide our members with special opportunities and substantial discounts on AE products and services. Visit the Partners page for a complete list of VIP vendors and partners.
• Fall Virtual Conference: COABE holds a fall virtual conference in October. The conference includes 8 hour-long sessions each day, plus presenter chats and Q & A., keynote speaker, and opportunities for networking. Plus you will have the opportunity to access the archives for up to 6 months later! The virtual conference showcases our top national presenters and is provided by a partnership with McGraw-Hill Education.
COABE is an amazon smile partner
COABE is an Amazon Smile Partner. Amazon donates 0.5% of the price of your eligible AmazonSmile purchases to the charitable organization of your choice.
AmazonSmile is a simple and automatic way for you to support your favorite charitable organization every time you shop, at no cost to you. When you shop at smile.amazon.com, you’ll find the exact same low prices, vast selection and convenient shopping experience as Amazon.com, with the added bonus that Amazon will donate a portion of the purchase price to COABE.