Presenters next steps
a) Make your hotel reservations at one of the overflow hotels. Rooms will go quickly, so don't delay!
b) Register for the conference (All presenters must be registered for the conference,
payment is due no later than 4/5/17)
d) Download the COABE app (here) and begin networking with fellow presenters and conferees.
The COABE app is generously sponsored by Aztec Software
- Financial Literacy
- High School Equivalency/Post Secondary
- Learning Difficulties/Disabilities
- Professional Development
- Public Policy/Advocacy
- Testing Preparation
- Workforce Development
- Adult Basic Education
- Career and Technical Education
- College and Career Readiness
- Community Based Organization
- Competency Based
- Continuing Higher Education
- Digital Literacy
- Distance Education
- Family Literacy
- Must register for the conference and pay the registration fee.
- Will be responsible for all costs related to transportation, room, and board.
- Will be responsible for furnishing handouts in the quantity needed for sessions.
- Conference will provide LCD projectors, screens, and tables for all the rooms, please bring your own computer and any special adaptors/plugins, etc. (Mac computers).
- Will be responsible for arrangements and costs of audio/visual equipment beyond what the conference provides.
- Will not be paid an honorarium.
- Must adhere to all copyright laws.
- Will be responsible for the security of any personal equipment used in a presentation.
- Grant permission to COABE for use of any photography/videography taken by the conference planners for future promotional purposes.
- The deadline to submit a presentation was October 31, 2016. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal for presentation. Presenters should have registered for the COABE 2017 conference by December 1, 2016. Failure to do so may result in cancellation of the presenter's workshop. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Concurrent presentations are 75 minutes in length, half-day preconferences are 3 hours, and full-day preconferences are 6 hours.
Details for Presenters
Be sure to check in at the Presenters Booth located in the Registration area to receive your Presenter ribbon(s) and packet.
Handouts and Copies
Conference sessions do not require pre-registration so it is difficult to gauge how many might attend your session. We recommend you prepare between 30 and 40 sets of participant handouts. Presenters are encouraged to upload materials into the COABE Adult Educator Resource Repository. Presenters will receive a $10 incentive refund for uploading your presentation materials.
Presenters will have some time prior to the session to set up presentation equipment and additional materials. If you would like to send any presentation materials in advance, check out the Presenter Hotel Information provided.
- Rooms are equipped with a power cart and projection screen.
- A courteous volunteer who is assigned to each session. They are there to help you set up your materials. They can also help put you in contact with tech support.
- You are responsible for providing your own equipment (laptop, flip charts, etc…)