Conference Presentations Update
If your proposal was accepted for the COABE national conference in Orlando, Florida on April 2-5, 2017, you must complete the next step in the confirmation process. This step is very important and must be completed by January 15, 2017. Please login to confirm the date and time of your presentations.
The deadline to make any changes is 1/15/17
Below are step by step instructions for confirming your proposal. When you confirm your proposal, you can make additional changes to the title, abstract, and co presenter details. If you have any questions or need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the login now button above.
- If you do not remember your login, click forgot password. Username is email address used to submit presentation.
- After you successfully login, navigate to the presentation tab.
- Next to Room Assign Final, click GO.
- Click, Edit next to your presentation
- Go to the Confirmed Presentation Details section.
- Check your Session & Time, click here to view the conference schedule for exact times.
- If you accept your date & time, check the box Accept Date and Time and save.
- If you have a scheduling conflict, please indicate that in the Scheduling Conflict box and save.
- If you have a conflict you will receive a notification email once that conflict is resolved.
Please be aware we made every effort to honor you day/time requests, however, due to the overwhelming response, we will not be able to fulfill all requests.
All changes will be updated immediately in our system. However, the website, app, and other
social media sites will not reflect the change until the 15th of every month.
In order to accommodate the greatest number of participants, breakout rooms will be set "schoolroom" style with straight tables and chairs.
Because we are unable to accommodate double session requests please plan to present a single (75 minute) session. If your session requires more time please contact email@example.com to discuss other options.
Next Steps After Confirming Your Session:
a) Make your hotel reservations at the beautiful Disney Coronado Springs Resort. Rooms will go quickly, so don't delay!
b) Register for the conference (All presenters must be registered for the conference,
payment is due no later than 4/5/17)
d) Download the COABE app (here) and begin networking with fellow presenters and conferees.
The COABE app is generously sponsored by Aztec Software
- Financial Literacy
- High School Equivalency/Post Secondary
- Learning Difficulties/Disabilities
- Professional Development
- Public Policy/Advocacy
- Testing Preparation
- Workforce Development
- Adult Basic Education
- Career and Technical Education
- College and Career Readiness
- Community Based Organization
- Competency Based
- Continuing Higher Education
- Digital Literacy
- Distance Education
- Family Literacy
- Must register for the conference and pay the registration fee.
- Will be responsible for all costs related to transportation, room, and board.
- Will be responsible for furnishing handouts in the quantity needed for sessions.
- Conference will provide LCD projectors, screens, and tables for all the rooms, please bring your own computer and any special adaptors/plugins, etc. (Mac computers).
- Will be responsible for arrangements and costs of audio/visual equipment beyond what the conference provides.
- Will not be paid an honorarium.
- Must adhere to all copyright laws.
- Will be responsible for the security of any personal equipment used in a presentation.
- Grant permission to COABE for use of any photography/videography taken by the conference planners for future promotional purposes.
- The deadline to submit a presentation is October 31, 2016. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal for presentation. Presenters must register for the COABE 2017 conference by December 1, 2016. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the presenter's workshop. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions.
Concurrent presentations are 75 minutes in length, half-day preconferences are 3 hours, and full-day preconferences are 6 hours.
Details for Presenters
Be sure to check in at the Presenters Booth located in the Registration area to receive your Presenter ribbon(s) and packet.
Handouts and Copies
Conference sessions do not require pre-registration so it is difficult to gauge how many might attend your session. We recommend you prepare between 30 and 40 sets of participant handouts. Presenters are encouraged to upload materials into the COABE Adult Educator Resource Repository. Presenters will receive a 10% incentive refund for uploading your presentation materials.
Presenters will have some time prior to the session to set up presentation equipment and additional materials. If you would like to send any presentation materials in advance, check out the Presenter Hotel Information provided.
- Rooms are equipped with a power cart and projection screen.
- A courteous volunteer who is assigned to each session. They are there to help you set up your materials. They can also help put you in contact with tech support.
- You are responsible for providing your own equipment (laptop, projector, flip charts, etc…)