Educate & Elevate Campaign: Hosting a Stakeholder Event
Did you miss our most recent webinar or want to watch it again? It's now online and includes critical information you won't want to miss on using special events to educate legislators and key stakeholders about adult education.
Our communications partner, Full Capacity Marketing, and guest presenter, Diane Jackson from the Queen Creek Unified School District Adult Education Program in Arizona, share step-by-step instructions, as well as strategies in an information-packed, one-hour session.
Here are the Top 5 highlights, along with links to everything you need in the Educate & Elevate Campaign Toolkit to host your own successful stakeholder event.
1. Think Visual. Include a proclamation ceremony, set up information stations or conduct a tour or mini-class. Sharing about your program in a visual way makes events more memorable and newsworthy.
2. Showcase your students. Schedule times for them to share their success stories, plan photo ops and introduce legislators and news media to your students.
3. Showcase Employer Partners. Employers add credibility to your program. Invite them to speak about what your program has meant for their business.
4. Promote, Promote, Promote - Use the Educate & Elevate Toolkit Media Advisory template to announce your event. Use the toolkit fact sheets, legislator talking points, posters and postcards to promote your event.
5. Employ cause marketing, a growing opportunity for nonprofits and public sector organizations to partner with local companies on events. In this webinar, we show you how to create a cause-marketing partnership, and we walk through several powerful case studies.
How can you, as one adult educator, make a difference to achieve these goals? Our plug-and-play Campaign Toolkit gives you many ways to garner recognition for your local adult education brand while advancing our collective mission to secure funding.
Check out these helpful links to get started:
- Register for the Learning Forum and review past webinars and materials.
- Get the Campaign Toolkit for strategies to build your local brand.
Have a question or need help? Post it in the Learning Forum and get technical assistance.
Get Students, Colleagues, Family & Friends Involved
Here are three quick strategies to build funding support for adult education with your students, family, and friends.
- Share this link with your friends, family, and colleagues to send a ready-made support email to state and federal elected officials. The template automatically finds the right contact based on the zip code submitted.
- Share this link with your adult learners/students to send a ready-made support email template to their state and federal elected officials. Students can add their stories, sharing how adult education made a difference in their lives. This template also automatically finds the right contact based on the zip code submitted.
- Complete and print copies of this editable postcard to bring to class, and have students sign and mail to your local, state and federal officials.
Educate & Elevate Webinar Series: SOCIAL MEDIA STRATEGIES
Date: Wednesday, July 26, 2017
Time: 2:00 p.m. (EDT)
How do you harness the power of social media to educate all types of key stakeholders about the importance of adult education? This session highlights key strategies to use through Twitter and Facebook to showcase success stories, important data points, infographics and calls to action to motivate engagement with your adult education programs and our national campaign. Learn how to build your following and connect with our Campaign to maximize reach and exposure.
Also, be sure to submit your
Adult learner and workplace success stories
Workplace Success Stories
Adult Learner Success Stories
MEMBERSHIP UPDATE: July 2017
Stay up to date with what is happening with COABE by reading the July issue of the COABE membership update. In this issue:
VIP Vendor JuLY 2017
Prepare students for workforce success.
Contextualize workforce training within academic instruction to guide adult learners on a path to family-sustaining careers. Aligned with WIOA requirements, our workforce solutions integrate academic and occupational skills to prepare students for postsecondary education and training, and, ultimately, success throughout their careers. Learn more >
NEW BENEFIT OFFERED TO COABE MEMBERS
Stay connected with our mission to advance national and international adult education and literacy opportunities for all persons. Below is a link to our social media platforms to join and stay connected with us for exclusive opportunities for news, updates, and helpful information.