COABE + OAACE Regional Conference
COABE/OAACE Regional Institute Registration is now Open!
We are honored to be hosting a COABE Regional Institute in conjunction with the annual OAACE conference this year. The 2017 COABE/OAACE Regional Institute is scheduled for October 5-7, 2017, in Cleveland, Ohio, at the Renaissance Cleveland Hotel. In order to make this year’s event a success, we need practitioners from across the region and country to share their expertise and best practices in adult education.
The COABE/OAACE Regional Institute will offer two and a half days of educational sessions, along with a special event. The Institute will open early on Thursday by offering half day and full day conference sessions, a national keynote presentation, and a special after-hours event. Fridaymorning will begin with another national keynote presentation, followed by a full day of concurrent sessions. The conference will conclude on Saturday with three concurrent morning sessions, followed by the OAACE Scholarship and Awards Luncheon. This luncheon will be a networking activity for all COABE/OAACE attendees. The Institute will conclude early on Saturday, providing attendees with the opportunity to enjoy the sites and activities around Cleveland.
Please note that the discounted conference rate is available to OAACE and COABE members only. All conference registrations will be reviewed by the COABE office to ensure current membership.
The Regional Institute will include:
- Two national keynote speakers
- Half day and full day conference workshops
- Multiple concurrent sessions with state and national presenters
- Opportunities for both formal and informal networking
- After Hours event at the Rock n’ Roll Hall of Fame (ticketed event)
The OAACE Conference Committee carefully reviewed comments and suggestions from past conference attendees, as well as national trends related to WIOA legislation and the field of adult education to help guide the direction of presentations.
Presentation content strands include:
- Curriculum & Instruction
- English for Speakers of Other Languages (ESOL/ESL/ELL)
- Instructional Technology
- Support Staff/Accountability
- WIOA/Career Pathways/IET
All proposals relevant to adult education will be considered, with priority given to those presentations aligned to the aforementioned content strands.
Submission deadline is July 07, 2017.
- Please fill out the following form completely. If you have trouble submitting the form, please review the form for red boxes and error messages.
- Information as it appears in this application will be used in the conference materials.
- If selected, the lead presenter agrees to share presentations with session attendees, communicate with co-presenters, and coordinate/pay for any audio/visual equipment required beyond the screen, LCD projector, and flipchart provided.
- ALL presenters must register for the conference.
- Please submit ONE application per session proposed.
- Proposals will be evaluated on the extent to which they
- state clear objectives,
- engage participants through discussion or hands-on activities,
- provide information, strategies, or tools participants can use in their work,
- are timely and relevant to adult literacy and education practitioners,
- and address the methods and topics as described above.
All proposals must be submitted online by July 07, 2017.
If you have questions, please contact Debbie Morris, OAACE Conference Chair, at 419-661-6185 or firstname.lastname@example.org.