2018 COABE Conference–Presenters
2018 COABE Conference Accepted Proposals
The confirmed list of accepted presentations for the 2018 COABE National Conference that will be held in Phoenix, Arizona on March 25-28, 2018 at the Sheraton Grand Phoenix are now available.
WEBINAR FOR PRESENTERS
DATE: FRIDAY, FEBRUARY 16, 2018
TIME: 2:00 PM, EST
Before you head out to Phoenix, Arizona to present at our national conference, be sure to join us on Friday, February 16, 2018, at 2:00 p.m., EST for a webinar designed for COABE presenters by our presenter chair Jody Angelone and team!
PRESENTED BY: JODY ANGELONE
This next steps in the process are very important and must be completed by January 15, 2018. Please login to review and confirm the date/time placement of your session(s) and to review the accuracy of the session descriptions.
Below are step by step instructions for confirming your proposal. When you confirm your proposal, you can make additional changes to the title, abstract, and co presenter details. If you have any questions, or need assistance, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Click the Login Now Button Above
- If you do not remember your login, click forgot password. Username is the email address used to submit presentation.
- After you successfully login, navigate to the presentation tab.
- Next to View: All, click GO.
- Click Edit next to your presentation.
- Go to the Confirmed Presentation Details section.
- Check your Session & Time. Click here to view the conference schedule for exact times.
- If you accept your date & time, check the box Accept Date and Time, and then click save.
- If you have a scheduling conflict, please indicate that in the Scheduling Conflict box and click save.
- If you have a conflict, you will receive a notification email once that conflict is resolved.
The deadline to make any changes is 1/15/17.
The COABE conference has seen tremendous growth in the past few years, so to accommodate the greatest number of participants in each session the standard room setup will be "theater" style (rows of seats without tables).
If your proposal was accepted as a "round table," the presentation will accommodate up to 10 participants for each of the three identical 20-minute discussion-based presentations (no A/V).
We have a limited number of concurrent session rooms, but a number of proposed session topics will be of interest to our attendees. Because of this, we have selected some concurrent session proposals as round table sessions. The round tables are similar to "poster" sessions, but are more structured. Each round table will be presented three times for 20 minutes during a scheduled time slot in groups of up to 10. These discussion-based sessions encourage close interaction and Q&A; handouts are encouraged as no A/V will be provided.
Please double check your accepted session type, as it may show as a round table. If you are unable, or unwilling, to present in the round table format, contact COABE at email@example.com.
Next Steps for Presenters
Make your hotel reservations at the Sheraton Grand Phoenix. Rooms will go quickly, so don't delay!
- Register for the conference (All presenters must register for the conference by December 31st.)
- Ensure your membership is up to date. If you are unsure, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to check. (All presenters must have current membership.)
- Download the COABE app ( here ).
The COABE app is generously sponsored by Aztec software
- Adult Basic Education
- Career and Technical Education
- Charter School
- College and Career Pathways
- Community Based
- Development Education/Community College
- Family Literacy
- Financial Literacy
- High School Equivalency/Post Secondary
- Immigrant Integration
- Learning Difficulties
- Lifelong Learning
- Professional Development
- State Innovations
- Student Engagement
- Technology/Digital Literacy
- Workforce Development
- Concurrent Session: 75 minutes. Offered Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Room setup: Theater
- Roundtable Presentation: 20 minutes (delivered 3 times). Offered Monday, Tuesday, or Wednesday. Room setup: Rounds
- Preconference Half Day Session: 3 hours. Offered Sunday only. Room setup: Rounds
- Preconference Full Day Session: 6 hours. Offered Sunday only. Room setup: Rounds
What will be provided
- Conference provides data projectors and screens in all rooms
- Wi-Fi connection
What you should plan on bringing
- Please bring your own computer and any special adapters or plugs (RGB adapters, Apple computer adapters, or external speakers)
- Furnishing handouts in the quantity needed for sessions (prepare at least 45 handouts for concurrent and roundtable sessions)
What you will be responsible for
- Must register for the conference and pay the registration fee
- All costs related to transportation, room, and board
- Arrangements and costs of audio/visual equipment beyond what the conference provides.
- Security of any personal equipment used in a presentation
- Sheraton Grand Phoenix Shipping and Receiving Information (PDF)
Register by December 31, 2017. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the presenter's workshop. If you have any questions or concerns please feel free to email email@example.com. Please check out our website frequently for updates on the conference here!