Employment Bulletin Board
Adult Education Block Grant (AEBG)
Contra Costa County Consortium
The Consortium Manager will be an Independent Contractor and shall work closely with the Contra Costa County Adult Education Block Grant (AEBG) Consortium Steering Committee (CCC AEBG Consortium).
Employment Type: 1 year contract beginning October 1, 2017
Deadline: Until Filled
Key Duties under the direction of the Contra Costa County AEBG Steering Committee and its Co-Chairs:
- Attend and facilitate all Steering Committee meetings. Plan, schedule, notice, procure locations, prepare agendas, ensure technology equipment needed is in place and provide other assistance needed by the Co-Chairs for Steering Committee meetings and regional multi-consortium meetings when in Contra Costa County.
- In collaboration with responsible consortium members, assume responsibility for ongoing Consortium planning, project development, implementation and evaluation of programs and services based on goals, objects and priorities established by the Steering Committee.
- Provide communication and act as a liaison for outreach between/among Consortium members, partners and all stakeholders utilizing technology (email, website, social media and other resources and tools) to provide public posting with regularly updated information on progress of Consortium objectives.
- Chair the Council of Co-chairs: plan, schedule, notice, procure location, prepare agenda and ensure needed technology is in place. Provide guidance and support to Consortium work groups, ensuring sufficient and timely progress on implementation of plan(s), programs and projects according to established timelines and deliverable, aligned to plans. On behalf of Consortium, pro-actively seek-out, help build relationships with and serve as a liaison to related regional consortia and initiatives. Serve as the official and primary point of contact for the Contra Costa County AEBG Consortium.
- Ensure State and Consortium fiscal monitoring and reporting requirements are met in compliance with all State and Consortium standards and regulations.
- Be responsible for the submission of all required AEBG reports and deliverables to the state in a timely fashion, e.g. annual plans, updates, etc.
- Create and manage a master calendar of Consortium and related stakeholder meetings, events, deliverable deadlines.
- Coordinate with and report to the Consortium Steering Committee Co-Chairs on an agreed-upon regular schedule.
TIU 11 Community Education and Workforce Services
TIU 11 Community Education and Workforce Services seeks a motivated individual with excellent communication skills to provide consulting and coaching services to adult education agencies. The full-time Consultant will also work with other members of the professional development team to develop professional learning opportunities for adult education practitioners, facilitate courses, and coordinate training events.
Bachelor degree required. Prior experience in professional development and knowledge of the adult basic education field required. Position can be based either in the Lewistown office or will consider a home-based office for the ideal candidate who resides within 250 miles of Lewistown. Go to https://www.tiu11.org and select Employment Opportunities to apply. Include a cover letter and resume. Deadline is July 28, 2017.
Tuscarora Intermediate Unit is an Equal Rights and Opportunity Educational Service Agency.
ACE of Florida
The executive director, as the Chief Staff Member of Adult and Community Educators of Florida, Inc. (ACE of Florida, Inc.), contributes to the accomplishment of the association’s annual strategic plan through initiating, implementing, organizing, and directing the activities as prescribed by the Board of Directors. The position requires the executive director to work with the Board of Directors, the members of ACE of Florida, other educational associations, public and private agencies, and the general public in carrying out the mission of the organization.
The position requires extensive public relations skills in meeting the public, to present a positive image for Adult and Community Education. It requires skill in working with adult and community educators to inform them of events pertinent to their profession, and to solicit new and continued membership and support of ACE of Florida. Consequently, extensive travel is involved. The work location for this position is Tallahassee, Florida. This position requires administrative skills in managing the day-to-day functions of a full-time staff and the organization’s budget.
- A bachelor’s degree required, master’s degree preferred
- Five or more years of management experience
- Solid, hands-on budget management skills, including budget preparation, analysis, decision-making and reporting
- Experience in grant writing and administration
- Strong organizational abilities including planning, delegating, program development and task facilitation
- Ability to convey a vision of ACE of Florida’s strategic future to staff, board, membership and partners
- Experience in fundraising activities and increasing membership through networking and marketing opportunities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Demonstrated ability to oversee and collaborate with staff
- Strong public speaking ability
1. Board Governance: Works with board in order to fulfill the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for leading ACE of Florida in a manner that supports and guides the organization’s mission as defined by the Board of Directors.
- Responsible for communicating effectively with the Board and providing, in a timely and accurate manner, all information necessary for the Board to function properly and to make informed decisions.
2. Financial Performance and Viability: Develops resources sufficient to ensure the financial health of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal integrity of ACE of Florida, to include submission to the Board of a proposed annual budget and monthly financial statements, which accurately reflect the financial condition of the organization.
- Responsible for the fiscal management that generally anticipates operating within the approved budget, ensures maximum resource utilization, and maintenance of the organization in a positive financial position.
- Responsible for fundraising and developing other resources necessary to support ACE of Florida’s mission.
3. Organization Mission and Strategy: Works with board and staff to ensure that the mission is fulfilled through programs, strategic planning and community outreach.
- Responsible for implementation of ACE of Florida’s programs that carry out the organization’s mission.
- Responsible for strategic planning to ensure that ACE of Florida can successfully fulfill its Mission into the future.
4. Public Relations:
- Represent the Association before appropriate organizations/groups by accepting speaking engagements that project the interests of adult and community education.
- Maintain liaisons with the Florida Department of Education and other agencies/organizations whose actions affect the adult and community education profession.
- Coordinates the development of the Association’s legislative program and with the Legislative committee Chairman, directs the activities necessary to achieve the legislative goals.
Compensation: Competitive salary and benefits package commensurate with experience.
Please submit resumes to Maria Miranda at email@example.com