Educate & Elevate Expands Campaign Website for States
With about six weeks to go until our Capitol Hill visits, the Educate & Elevate campaign website has been expanded with state-specific pages to give state leaders an opportunity to showcase all of their great successes and innovations.
Click (here) to check out the new Locator Map and then select your state. You’ll see a section that houses state contacts, data, reports and innovations and successes. If you don’t see any innovations or success stories about adult learners and/or employers, then it’s time to use the links below to submit.
We’ll be pushing legislators to your state-specific pages to learn more about what you are doing, so make sure to submit now!
Adult Learner Success Story
Mobilizing States in the Educate & Elevate Campaign
We just wrapped our latest webinar hosted for Adult Education State Association Presidents, State Directors and State Leadership about strategies to mobilize their statewide adult education organizations to participate in the Educate & Elevate campaign. In addition to the cross promotional strategies noted in the previous article, there are many ways that states will be participating. Some of these include:
- Using the press release template to announce participation in the campaign.
- Conducting a webinar with state adult education organizations to engage them in the campaign.
- Sending regular email blasts to statewide adult education organizations to submit success stories and/or innovations.
- Encouraging statewide adult education organizations to listen to the recorded webinars, in order to build capacity for effective communications.
- Forwarding campaign information and newsletters to distribution list.
- Submitting innovations to the campaign website.
- Submitting employer success stories to the campaign website.
- Submitting adult learner success stories to the campaign website.
- Using the sample proclamation to get support from state legislators.
- Creating special event(s) like open houses for the community to learn about adult education.
- Creating special event(s) for legislators to see adult education programs in action.
- Determining a state plan of action for legislative briefings.
- Using COABE's technology tool to schedule legislative briefings.
- Sending letters and/or postcards to legislators asking them to support adult education.
- Sharing the campaign video through email.
- Using the legislative talking points in our briefings.
State Adult Education Association Directors and State Leaders make sure to weigh in using this quick Survey Monkey checkbox
survey to let us know what your plans are for participation. Download the recorded webinar if you missed it.
Educate & Elevate Champion Highlights
Did you know that cross promoting the Educate & Elevate campaign on your website can bring recognition to your organization? And, we've made it super easy for you to participate.
Take a look at the following Educate & Elevate Champions who have been very creative in their cross promotional efforts by placing the Educate & Elevate logo on their websites in various locations as a "proud partner"; using #educate&elevate and sending updates via social media; special announcements; and sending eblasts to its members with updates.
- Louisiana Association for Public, Community and Adult Education
- Maine Adult Education Association
- Maryland Association for Adult, Community and Continuing Education
- Missouri Association for Adult Continuing and Community Education
- Pennsylvania Association of Adult Continuing Education
- Texas Association for Literacy and Adult Education
How can you, as one adult educator, make a difference to achieve these goals? Our plug-and-play Campaign Toolkit gives you many ways to garner recognition for your local adult education brand while advancing our collective mission to secure funding.
Check out these helpful links to get started:
- Register for the Learning Forum and review past webinars and materials.
- Get the Campaign Toolkit for strategies to build your local brand.
Have a question or need help? Post it in the Learning Forum and get technical assistance.
Get Students, Colleagues, Family & Friends Involved
Here are three quick strategies to build funding support for adult education with your students, family, and friends.
- Share this link with your friends, family, and colleagues to send a ready-made support email to state and federal elected officials. The template automatically finds the right contact based on the zip code submitted.
- Share this link with your adult learners/students to send a ready-made support email template to their state and federal elected officials. Students can add their stories, sharing how adult education made a difference in their lives. This template also automatically finds the right contact based on the zip code submitted.
- Complete and print copies of this editable postcard to bring to class, and have students sign and mail to your local, state and federal officials.
Capitol Hill Day
Tuesday, September 26, 2017
COABE is hosting Capitol Hill Day on September 26, 2017! We look forward to bringing together state association leaders from around the country to march on Capitol Hill and ensure we raise the voice of adult education!
We will be inviting each association to bring an adult learner with them. Adult learners are welcome to apply for funding support via our Adult Learner Scholarship Application. We will be awarding $1,000 scholarships by September 1st. Please feel free to forward the scholarship application to students who wish to participate in our Capitol Hill Day with you. Learn more >
MEMBERSHIP UPDATE: August 2017
Stay up to date with what is happening with COABE by reading the August issue of the COABE membership update. In this issue:
2017 COABE Virtual Conference
COABE's 2017 Virtual Conference will take place on October 25 & 26, 2017. We plan to have 16 - 20 sessions offered by our strand partners, over the course of two days, as well as a virtual exhibit hall, just like last year.
State associations and state directors can purchase registration for their entire state, for just $500. Individuals may register at $25 per day or $50 for both days. Registration is now open!
VIP Vendor August 2017
WHY BUY FROM AZTEC
Experienced Academic Professionals
Aztec has been in the business of improving adult and young adult lives through computerized skills remediation from its inception in 1980.
Digital Downloads, Instant Satisfaction!
Instantly receive your software or test key. Start preparing immediately.
LIVE, Customer Support
Receive assistance from our customer support team. Call our toll free number to place your order over the phone (800)273-0033.
Special Bulk Pricing
If you represent an organization and want to purchase, we have special pricing for bulk orders. Learn more >
NEW BENEFIT OFFERED TO COABE MEMBERS
Stay connected with our mission to advance national and international adult education and literacy opportunities for all persons. Below is a link to our social media platforms to join and stay connected with us for exclusive opportunities for news, updates, and helpful information.