On June 5th, Maine, Alaska, and Louisiana state associations joined forces with COABE to support the Career and Technical Education for Adult Learners Act. This act:
- Ensures that programs funded under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act are aligned with adult education programs and industry sector partnerships authorized under the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Allows states to develop core indicators of performance for adult learners that are aligned with the indicators of performance in the Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act.
- Includes the state director of adult education in the development of the state plan for career and technical education.
- Clarifies that adult education providers that also offer career and technical education programs are eligible to receive funds under the Carl D. Perkins Career and Technical Education Act.
- Encourages a greater emphasis on work experiences as part of career and technical education programs.
If your state would like more details or would like to engage in this awareness effort, please contact email@example.com.