Call for Presenters
Call for presenters is now open! Submit your presentation for COABE 2017 today! The deadline to submit a proposal is October 31, 2016.
- Financial Literacy
- High School Equivalency/Post Secondary
- Learning Difficulties/Disabilities
- Professional Development
- Public Policy/Advocacy
- Testing Preparation
- Workforce Development
- Adult Basic Education
- Career and Technical Education
- Community Based Organization
- Community Ed
- Competency Based
- Continuing Higher Education
- Digital Literacy
- Distance Education
- Family Literacy
- Must register for the conference and pay the registration fee.
- Will be responsible for all costs related to transportation, room, and board.
- Will be responsible for furnishing handouts in the quantity needed for sessions.
- Conference will provide LCD projectors, screens, and tables for all the rooms, please bring your own computer and any special adaptors/plugins, etc. (Mac computers).
- Will be responsible for arrangements and costs of audio/visual equipment beyond what the conference provides.
- Will not be paid an honorarium.
- Must adhere to all copyright laws.
- Will be responsible for the security of any personal equipment used in a presentation.
- Grant permission to COABE for use of any photography/videography taken by the conference planners for future promotional purposes.
- The deadline to submit a presentation is October 31, 2016. The Conference Planning Committee reserves the right to accept or reject any proposal for presentation. Presenters must register for the COABE 2017 conference by December 1, 2016. Failure to do so will result in cancellation of the presenter's workshop. Please contact email@example.com with any questions.
Concurrent presentations are 75 minutes in length, half-day preconferences are 3 hours, and full-day preconferences are 6 hours.
Details for Presenters
Be sure to check in at the Presenters Booth located in the Registration area to receive your Presenter ribbon(s) and packet.
Handouts and Copies
Conference sessions do not require pre-registration so it is difficult to gauge how many might attend your session. We recommend you prepare between 30 and 40 sets of participant handouts. Presenters are encouraged to upload materials into the COABE Adult Educator Resource Repository. Presenters will receive a 10% incentive refund for uploading your presentation materials.
Presenters will have some time prior to the session to set up presentation equipment and additional materials. If you would like to send any presentation materials in advance, check out the Presenter Hotel Information provided.
- Rooms are equipped with a power cart and projection screen.
- A courteous volunteer who is assigned to each session. They are there to help you set up your materials. They can also help put you in contact with tech support.
- You are responsible for providing your own equipment (laptop, projector, flip charts, etc…)